Monday, December 15, 2014

Diwakar Pokhriyal, Poet & Writer

Diwakar Pokhriyal is a writer by passion. He has completed his engineering from NPTI, Delhi, and MBA from Great Lakes Institute of Energy Management Gurgaon in field of Energy. He has written 9 poetry books and 1 short story collection which are published. He has been a part of 52 anthologies/magazines with writers around the world.

Diwakar’s works are also included in various websites. He has won “Poiesis Award forExcellence in Literature” for his short story. His work was selected by Aseem Ahmad Abbasi (famous lyricist) to be included in a Hindi poetry anthology. With a touch of music in him he is also a member of GRV Band as a rhythmic guitarist and song writer. The songs can be enjoyed on You tube channel of GRV Band.

Welcome Diwakar!

What is your style of poetry?
I had started my poetic journey through rhyming poetry.  It is hard to answer because I am still learning. I have written a lot of poetry while learning and experimenting. I have written 40 different forms of poetry that I came across and still searching for more.

I love to write poetry in its new form and style. I love each and every form of poetry. Every single form has something in it and I enjoy that flavor.  “My style of poetry” is yet to arrive.

Do you have a special muse or inspiration?
No, In fact it just comes out. I feel more relax while writing poetry and I believe that’s important for me. In this busy world if something can give me happiness and relaxation then I will be glad to accept it. I have been writing since 2001 and I am still enjoying it. I didn’t start writing poetry due to some good or unwanted incidents. It was a fun filled last session of our English literature class from where it all started.  

What life event has influenced your poetry?
My poetry mostly gets influence by my thoughts. For me poetry is a thought and how we mold that thought. In my life and my journey as a poet made me think a lot about different issues and aspects. The status of poetry around me and the negativity that surrounds such a beautiful thing is amazing. These thoughts and experiences influenced me a lot and every time when I meet a poet it takes a new turn. I love to read through the experiences of creative people and love to learn from them. 

But to be more precise when I held my first published poetry book “Words of love” in 2011, it was something inexplicable. This feeling influenced me a lot and I am still writing with same passion and zeal. 

What books have you written?
I have written 10 books as of now and here is the list of books –


Zindagi ki Kalam se (Hindi Poetry)

Fluffy Feathers (Short Stories collection)

Kavya Kutumb (Hindi Poetry)

Random Remix (English Poetry)



Why Me Yaar (English Poetry)

Solacious Solitude (English Poetry)

Words of Love (English Poetry)

Fluffy Feathers is a short story collection written by me and rest are poetry books.

Please share a poem of your own creation....

Precious Worthless Emotions
by Diwakar Pokhriyal
From my poetry book – Piercing Words…from the heart

A stupendous smile sheltered with tears
Eloquent desire resides in vain
A belief withholds the truth shining
Straying hope bashed with pain
Yet, those eyes deem
Truth, hope and belief
Sun will ascend in sinister galaxy
Conveying a colossal relief
Those immaculate gorgeous gazes
Clutching volcanoes craving to fly
Raining innocence overriding wrath
Those buoyant eyes never cease to try
They discern afar truth
Indolently dissecting future
Filthiest treatment they bag
Hardnosed & despicable in nature
Those sinuous tears so pure & divine
Ignored blatantly by reality
Yet, they incarcerate rainbow dreams
Drinking incessantly this deplorable cruelty

In your opinion, does poetry influence world events?
Poetry is a beautiful medium. It is a medium that brings together people irrespective of their financial or social status. It could a strong medium to bring peace if used in appropriate manner. The poet has power to create harmony with the verses and it influences the world. Poetry is a reason for calmness and in this way it affects world in a positive way.

Do you keep a journal of poetry thoughts and ideas?
I read poetry a lot in websites and also though books. I enjoy them a lot. I love to enjoy creating new forms of poetry and I am working on them. I love to play with ideas. Reading old and new thoughts and create one of yours. It is very important to do these things by a poet as it adds flavor to the poetic world. I, for my own benefit, jot down a lot of ideas that flies around my mind during the sleep or when I would be travelling.

Who is your favorite poet?
My Favorite poets are Rabindranath Tagore and Harivanshrai Bachchan. I have been reading their poems since my childhood. Two or three of their poems are inside my mind always. The deep meaning of their poetry, amazing style of writing attracts me towards them.

Lately I have also started writing English poetry a lot and going through different poets. Really their works are amazing. Few of their poems I really don’t understand but I am trying my level to understand them to the fullest and grasp the poetic flow residing in them. These things make us aware of so many things that we ignore in our daily lives and make us wonder about the world.

Please share a favorite poem ...  

Where the mind is without fear
by – Rabindranath Tagore

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.


What does the future hold for you and your poetry?
I really don’t know about the future but I am sure if I will keep on writing poetry till my last day, which I am sure I will, then I will learn a lot from my own experiences and my thoughts. This will not only refine me as a poet but also as an individual. And I am sure if something brings that goodness out of you then it is precious than diamond. And I would like to thank god for this gift. I am certainly positive about my future as an individual as well as a poet. As I love to enjoy experimenting with poetic forms, the future will come with amazing possibilities.

In the end I would like to thank you for considering me for this interview. I am glad to be a part of this family as a poet. Keep touching lives positively!

No change
by Diwakar Pokhriyal

It is now obsolete to fight,
Over misinterpreted religion and caste,
We are grown up individuals,
We entirely understands the past
Hindu, Muslim, Sikhs or Christ,
Are prudent back benchers now,
It’s time to change the reality,
We all egoistically know how,
By speaking about manhood,
Womanhood or child resolution,
The problems will be discussed,
Deceased of real solution,
You should change,
You should hide,
I am already weak,
And I take in it my pride,
What’s the difference?
Between caste and gender,
We have lost the hope,
We have lost the blender,
Still crying over same issues,
The vocabulary is new,
Blaming others continues,
Actually “God will renew”,
This sorry state of humanity,
Will continue for pleasure,
The strong will play the game,
The weak will keep looking for treasure.

Connect with Diwakar…


5 comments:

Sarya said...

You can arrange the new section of your life with this zone. Just arrange the new deal with this pattern. You can also use this link in the beneficial way. You can also use the poets and the other poems with this section.

Abnk said...

If you are the poet writer then you can get the better options for your earning style. You can also match the nice conditions for this post. With this original site you can also work with the writer and the best passion.

Tunda said...

Being a poet is not a simple thing becuse you have to be quick and more soecific to your content all the time so http://www.paraphraseforme.net/paraphrase-website-content-with-professionals/ can provide you come idea to write what.

Pokat said...

If you are the poet writer then you can understand the meaning of the poem with the nice blog. Make your deal with http://www.onlinerewriter.biz/faq/ and enjoy the custom dealing with this final stuff. You can ride with the nice click here.

Billi said...

If you are the poet writer then you can ask the best questions here with your friends. So don't waste your time and come with your friends in this nice zone. You can also click this and can find the new field of the energy here.

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...